Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Craft "embroidery lesson"



The new issue of Craft(hard copy)has a very handy embroidery lesson. It includes 11 different stitch descriptions and photos. I have been flirting with embroidery for a few months. I did this little hat patch for burger that was inspired by some of his favorite little birds in his Peter Rabbit books. (I added the worm in the mouth) this was pre-Craft lesson and then I did this little rendition of Richard Scarry's Loly Worm two weeks later. I tried to experiment with all the stitches but I believe I left A few out.

2 comments:

Laura said...

love these chas. you're just too damn cute

Juliet Morgan said...

my god! that is the cutest thing! My son Nathaniel adored(s) Lowly Worm and Huckle Cat. Have you read the story Best Mistake Ever? that's our favorite!