Thursday, April 24, 2008

Aprons, aprons, aprons,...Farmers market preview for April 26th

Aprons!! I am trying to make more , they do take lots of attention , I just get so wrapped up in making each one I forget that I need to make more than one a week; anyway I hope to make at least one more this week. Here is the first it has that sweet calico garden print I got in Wimberly as the smock and a raw silk as the skirt.




I made the flower pattern after one of the flowers in the print.




I used all green vintage buttons on the pocket and the smock from the stash the uncle gave us!(thanks CG)

here are a few pix of my others but they are already happy in someone Else's home( i did not even get a chance to post photos of them before I sold them)



I also have some new boy shorts size 2t( i had to make 2 pair one for Burger and one for the market)
hope to
see you at the Market!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh love them! so cute! my surger is on the fritz, when it's up and running you need to teach me this one!
oh and i was in wimberly this past weekend and could not find a fabric shop anywhere!

killarobot said...

Do you have any tutorials / patterns for aprons? -- I guess it's probably one of those things that, well, just make it look like an apron, huh? I guess my question is, should I just go for it, or is there anything unexpected that you've come across that would be good to know for a newbie apron crafter? I too am wanting to make one for the boyfriend, maybe with a plastic-y piece in the front to accommodate for him not getting soaked while washing dishes (muahahaha)-- have you experimented with that? Any info for creating an apron for the first time is welcome!! Thanks Belle!