Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Spring Skirt Design

~The design for this skirt is a hybrid of my summer mini A-line and a skirt I made for Halloween ( I was Velma). I may still change it up a bit. I made this one to go with my Valentine's date ensemble. ~In The Velma skirt I used the tube part of an old t-shirt for the wide waistband. I just sewed in the tube a bit and folded it over. I would have loved to do that with this skirt but I did not have a t-shirt in the right color...so I made the tube instead.Basically I made a waist cincher that was twice the the height of what I wanted the final height to be. I then folded it over and attached it to the skirt using it as sort of an elastic waistband ....I used a rolled hem to finish it.
look for more of this design to come. I like the idea of making a tank or raglan style t-shirt that is meant to be worn with the skirt making it look like one piece, but allowing you to interchange the top part and have several "little dresses"

8 comments:

Candance said...

So cute!! I miss shopping in your closet!

Alex said...

Super cute! Looks really great in the photo of you wearing it, I love the high waist!

Lo Christine said...

Looks great!

belle said...

candance I miss you in my closet too...I have been a little out of it because of our move and such but I have a whole bunch of skirts and tanks and t's in the work, I will let you know when I update my shop, alex and christine thank you so much!

Laura said...

heeeeelllllooo saucemaker!! grrowl

Rondell said...

If you could take that shirt and turn it into a sammich, I'd buy it.

Shorty said...

Love your creations! Looks great!

Tamonster said...

that is sooo cute!