Thursday, April 21, 2011

lavender my love; A recipe post


~So my man makes crazy good ( and simple) salad dressings. Since Burger and I grew a tiny patch of baby greens, we have been on a salads everyday, till the greens burn up, routine. This routine makes crazy good salad dressings a must!In addition to our baby greens, we also planted a lovely and prolific lavender plant. Lavender is one of my favorite herbs...but my imagination is limited with it in our kitchen( working on that). I love it in tea and it is in my favorite macaron but those items are not made from my plant in my kitchen. However my new favorite salad dressing is made from my very own plant. Kg concocted this recipe that he is making it in my kitchen. I asked him if he wouldn't mind, sharing the recipe with all y'all. His basic proportions are derived from the joy of cooking's french dressing or vinaigrette sauce.

lavender vinaigrette with sherry vinegar

1 tbs shallot or onion
1 tsp prepared french mustard (Dijon is good, but a I use coarse ground one, most often)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbs honey
1 tbs fresh lavender
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil


1 . add all ingredients EXCEPT OIL in med. mason jar w/ a lid (160z or so....this amount won't fill it all the way but it's what we have the most of and gives you plenty of room to shake)

2. put the lid on and shake vigorously

3. add the oil a 1/4 cup at a time re-lid and shake each time until it looks smooth and emulsified

4. you can add to your favorite salad mix and enjoy now, however it gets better if you let it sit in the fridge for awhile or a week....( it's best at the end of the jar )

No comments: